Tools of the Trade

https://mywentworth-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/christopoulose_wit_edu/EW8hYv2XsXlInwecs9yBF1IB6xnJvjHIirqZn-vQN6QNiQ?email=kensingtonm%40wit.edu&e=GmzqVI

Tools of the Trade

            Our “new normal” is not quite normal for me just yet. I am used to wearing masks and carrying hand sanitizer around with me everywhere I go, but remote learning is something I am still adjusting to. I am a hands-on and social person. Being stuck at home, or in my dorm is not my preferred learning technique. I feel awkward waiting for zoom calls to start, I have a constant fear that I am missing assignments, and the school does not feel as real when it is over a screen. Sometimes I move my mouse over the screen so I can see how many minutes are left of a lesson because it begins to feel like a YouTube video. Even though technology and remote learning are not my preferred ways of communicating and learning, we live in a day in age where the transition from school to remote learning was easy, and that I appreciate it. The fact that I am able to receive an education through this pandemic is a privilege. Hearing about the different ways schools adapted to make learning accessible to their students was a good sign of the communities taking action in this time of confusion.

Comments

Popular Posts