Finished

The project is finished! we did it guys, good job. 

Overall I think I have grown through this course. This class allowed me to explore new topics. In the past English classes, I have been in our topics have always been laid out for us. What books to read, what stances we could take, what a specific poem means. I enjoyed the freedom this class offered. I enjoyed researching the different time periods and different styles and forms of art. When I started this class, my mind always went to paintings in messages when the term art was brought up. Now when I hear the term art I think about different kinds of paintings from different time periods, sculptures, architecture, photography, fashion, murals, and music. I think that shows signs of a good class. A class that allows you to grow, not a class that fits you to a mold. I think that I gained a more unique writing style through this class. 

When we first started our blogs I was completely against the idea. I am not sure if I am alone on this, but I thought that it was a waste of time and I was not going to gain anything from the experience. I also thought setting up the blog was hard. Once we got a few weeks in and the blog post and infographics became routine, I began to enjoy my work. I took more time to research and explore new topics of art. I tried to keep a general theme with my art per week. Some weeks were easier than others. I also enjoyed looking at other people's blogs. I thought that that was a creative way to keep us engaged with each other while not being in person. Som many different personalities and opinions can be seen through our blogs. That made them interesting and fun to go through. I tried picking a new blog each week just to see what people were up to. 

Overall I thought that this was a well set up course. I think that the untraditional approach was helpful in keeping my interest through a remote class.  Thank you for caring about all of your students and taking the time to look into all of our work. I hope you were able to enjoy some of the content I was able to share. Have a great Christmas break and a wonderful second semester. 


finished Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

Comments

  1. Hey Lenard, I just scrolled through your final site and I think it came out great. I like the one page, scrollable nature of the site, and I find that the interspersed sections of images and writing make for easy navigation. Everything is very well written. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts