Culture and Jazz

One of the art forms I enjoy most is music. To me, music and artist are two different things. I always use the terms "real music" when I refer to bands, live music, and street performers. I do not enjoy "today's top hits" because it is mainly an autotuned beet and a singer. I am not taking away from the talent of their vocals, but I enjoy hearing a full band or even just a guitar and a singer. I enjoy jazz. I do not listen to jazz on a daily basis, but whenever I hear jazz I am always amazed by the talent of the musicians. Being able to read your fellow band members and rock and roll your way through a piece like most jazz performers do always leaves me stunned. I then get a strong urge to practice my own saxophone to work on my improvisation skills. It is not just the sound of jazz that I enjoy, but also the heart that the musicians have while performing. You can tell just by listening that the musicians have so much passion for what they are doing. I want to focus on the history of jazz. Jazz has so much culture behind it, and learning about different cultures has always interested me. 

Clip Art, Art Jazz, | Clipart Panda - Free Clipart Images

Comments

  1. It's great to hear that you have such a passion for this art form! I wonder how you see this working as part of your project, though? Remember that your work needs to either focus on works of art from the last 10 years OR on older works, but within the context of current events. Think on this more and consider if/how you might address jazz in this way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts